When considering the large number of accomplishments resulting
from the EO-1 mission, a sizable number can be classed
as "firsts". Listed below are those "firsts"
that are considered most significant for Operations.
- Reduce cost of imagery 10-fold in the first 18 months
- Generate a comprehensive space-borne hyperspectral
- Implement an on-board cloud detection algorithm.
- Demonstrate use of onboard autonomy and autonomous
ground coordination to enable sensor web capabilities.
- Experiment with adaptive algorithms coupled to a low
cost ground-based scanning antenna array to dramatically lower the cost of communicating
with low earth orbiting satellites.
- Use onboard feature detection to autonomously modify
onboard imagery tasking decisions.
| SiteNav | PageTop
| ContentTop | Footer