ALI Science Validation
When considering the large number of accomplishments resulting
from the EO-1 mission, a sizable number can be classed as "firsts". Listed below
are those "firsts" that are considered most
significant for ALI Science Validation relative to Landsat.
Rlative to Landsat, first to:
- Demonstrate sequentially-sampled push-broom detector
- Provide superior SNR and 12-bit A/D to capture the full
dynamic range of Earth imagery.
- Provide Pan-band-enhanced imagery of exceptional quality.
- Provide additional SWIR band 5p (1.200-1.300 µm)
to supply new information for identifying
forest and crop types.
- Provide additional VNIR blue band 1p (0.433-0.453 µm)
to supply new information for coastal
studies and aerosol estimation.
- Provide improved SNR to track subtle changes in the
velocity of ice sheet flows.